I'm Jan Polzer, BA (Hons), born 1980 in Brno, Czech Republic, where I live till today. I've graduated on Gymnázium Matyáše Lercha in Brno 1999. I have a bachelor degree in Business Management from Nottingham Trent University,
- Z-WARE (2001 – 2003) - Delphi developer, lecturer
- Ing. Stanislav Miklica (2003 – 2004) - Delphi developer, lecturer
- self-employee (2004 – today) - desktop and website developer, author, lecturer, blogger
In my first two jobs I did the same tasks - developing the database software Jídelna for school and gastronomy services. I also figured as lecturer for this software and for the Windows as general too. I did some intercompany applications development too.
As self-employee I work together with many specialist from the webdesign area - designers, coder, analytics, in Czech Republic and on international base too.
There is the short list only of selected courses. I constantly work on my experience and attend online and offline courses for my work.
- HTML5.2x: HTML5 Part 2: Advanced Techniques for Designing HTML5 Apps (2016, World Wide Web Consortium)
- HTML5.1x: HTML5 Part 1: HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices (2015, World Wide Web Consortium)
- COMP107x: Introduction to Mobile Application Development using Android (2015, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- LFS101x.2, Introduction to Linux (2015, The Linux Foundation) – just a recap of Linux basics from Linux Foundation
- UNIX/Linux – shell developing (2015, GOPAS)
- DAT204x: Introduction to R Programming (2015, Microsoft) – R language basics
Certifications and others
- Microsoft Office Specialist 2007 for Office Word 2007
- Acquia Certified Developer
- Expert Rating Certified Professional - Drupal 6
- Acquia Partner
- Apple Certified Associate, Mac Integration 10.7
- Drupal Association member
- Desktop: Delphi, C#, Pascal
- PHP frameworks: Symfony, CodeIgniter
- CMS: Drupal, WordPress, GetSimple
- Design: Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo, CorelDraw, Sketch, Zoner Photo Studio
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Apple OS X
- Office applications: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org
- Hardware: laser and inkjet printers, iOS and Android tablets
I own the driving license.
Me as a lecturer
Starting 2009 I lead some courses about CMS Drupal in computer school GOPAS.
I also provide Drupal and Symfony trainings in companies and on some meetings in Czech Republic and Slovak Republic. I realized a few lectures on Mendel Univesity in Brno.
- biking, swimming